- Where is Host Hotels & Resorts, Inc. located?
- What does Host Hotels & Resorts, Inc. do?
- What is Host Hotels & Resorts, Inc. common stock ticker symbol and what are the cusip numbers for its common and preferred stock?
Host Hotels & Resorts, Inc.’s common stock ticker symbol is HST and shares are traded on the New York Stock Exchange. The cusip number for the company’s common stock is 44107P 10 4.
- Please provide detail on the company’s spin-offs since 1993.
The following chronology explains the various spin-offs since 1993.
10/8/93 Marriott International was spun-off from Marriott Corporation. At the same time, old Marriott Corporation changed its name to Host Marriott Corporation. Shareholders were not required to tender in old Marriott Corporation certificates. Shareholders received one share of Marriott International for each Marriott Corporation share owned. Following the spin-off, Host Marriott Corporation owned lodging and senior living real estate (managed by Marriott International) and operated the airport and toll road food and merchandise business. Marriott International managed and franchised hotels and retirement communities and operated the management services and distribution businesses.
12/29/95 Host Marriott Services Corporation was spun-off from Host Marriott Corporation. Shareholders received one share of Host Marriott Services Corporation for every five Host Marriott Corporation shares owned. Fractional share value was paid in cash. Following the spin-off, Host Marriott Services operated the airport and toll road food and merchandise business and Host Marriott Corporation focused on hotel and senior living service real estate.
12/18/98 Crestline Capital Corporation was spun-off from Host Marriott Corporation. Shareholders received one share of Crestline Capital Corporation for every ten Host Marriott Corporation shares owned. Fractional share value was paid in cash. As part of the spin-off, Host Marriott transferred to Crestline all of the senior living communities previously owned by Host Marriott, and Host Marriott entered into lease or sublease agreements with Crestline for substantially all of Host Marriott's lodging properties. The spin-off permitted Host Marriott to convert to a real estate investment trust. Following the spin-off, Crestline became the largest and best capitalized independent hotel leasing company in the U.S.
12/29/98 Host Marriott Corporation converted to a real estate investment trust. To receive dividends from the REIT, shareholders must tender old Host Marriott Corporation certificates and receive new Host Marriott Corporation certificates.
2/10/99 Host Marriott Corporation declared a special dividend. Each shareholder had the option to receive either (a) $1.00 or (b) 0.087 share of Host Marriott Corporation Common stock for each share owned on December 28, 1998. Shareholders who did not state a preference were issued stock.
4/17/06 Host Marriott Corporation changed its name to Host Hotels & Resorts, Inc. and, as of the start of trading on the New York Stock Exchange on April 18, 2006, its common stock began trading under the ticker symbol HST.
- Where can I get the latest corporate news releases and financial reports?
- How can I view documents Host Hotels & Resorts Inc. has filed with the U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC), including Forms 10-K and 10-Q?
- How can I get more information about Host Hotels & Resorts, Inc. such as an investor information packet?
- Who are the members of the company’s senior management team?
- Who are the members of the company’s board of directors?
- What are the company’s corporate governance policies?
- How can I contact the investor relations department at Host Hotels & Resorts, Inc.?
- Please provide detail on the dividend history of Host Hotels & Resorts, Inc.
- Does Host Hotels & Resorts, Inc. have a dividend reinvestment program?