Host Hotels & Resorts Publishes 2022 Corporate Responsibility (CR) Report and Introduces 2050 CR Vision
“It was a milestone year for Host’s social initiatives—especially our commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging—and we continued to lead on the environmental front,” said
Now in its fifth edition, the 2022 CR Report also features expanded
Notable ESG achievements highlighted within the Report include:
- Continued investments in sustainability toward our emissions reduction target verified by Science Based Targets initiative at the 1.5-degree Celsius level of ambition
- Third green bond issuance bringing the total raised to
$1.85 billionto invest in sustainability ROI projects and LEED®-certified hotels
- Two new LEED-certified properties and one LEED EBOM Gold recertification for a total of nine LEED-certified properties (including three LEED Gold hotels as well as Host’s corporate headquarters)
- 90+ EV chargers installed at over 30 hotels
- Launch of Host’s diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging (DEIB) program and women’s employee resource group; and establishment of partnerships with several local and national organizations to further support and give back to our Black and Brown communities
$500,000pledge in support of the Arne M. Sorenson Hospitality Fundand the Marriott-Sorenson Center for Hospitality Leadershipat Howard University
- 166 charities supported including nearly 100 employee-selected community investments
- Launch of second, expanded
Supplier Excellence Surveyin addition to launch of Supplier Diversity Surveyto all strategic suppliers
- Comprehensive update to our Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) assessment
To learn more, please read the 2022 Corporate Responsibility Report and view the Corporate Responsibility pages on the Company website.
About Host Hotels & Resorts
This press release contains registered trademarks that are the exclusive property of their respective owners. None of the owners of these trademarks has any responsibility or liability for any information contained in this press release.
Chief Financial Officer
Source: Host Hotels & Resorts, Inc.